SB YCGN - South Baltic Youth Core Groups Network
- Civis Polonus Foundation,
- Public Establishment Samogitia Community Foundation,
- Telsiai District Municipality Administration,
- Municipality of Køge,
- Gdańsk University of Technology, Faculty of Management and Economics,
- Vimmerby municipality - Culture and Leisure department.
Project in the lens
The SB YCGN project addresses the low participation of local actors in the South Baltic Region and their need for capacity building. By bringing together newly arrived local authorities, in cooperation with universities, NGOs and youth, the project aims to show the benefits of soft cross-border cooperation in solving common problems in the field of low cooperation. The umbrella organization, which is the Association of Polish Communes Euroregion Baltic, which is part of the Euroregion Bałltic, will facilitate and will be an impulse for networking in the field of youth and involving new actors in internationalization. A YCG network will be established in 4 South Baltic countries. The main goal of the project is to increase cross-border cooperation that results in building the potential of local actors working with citizens.
The aim of the project is:
- strengthening cross-border cooperation, capacities and competences of local authorities and their representatives,
- engaging in civic dialogue with young people, thereby increasing citizen participation,
- exchange of experience and knowledge between partners,
- disseminating innovative project proposals and experiences,
- analysis, reflection on the future of youth participation in the Baltic Sea Region.
YCGN aims to broaden the knowledge of all stakeholders - partner cities together with the university network will conduct a joint survey among local actors in order to identify their needs and problems, providing comparable data. It is a form of sharing good practices (development and implementation of a survey in CaSYPoT). In addition, it will lead to the creation of joint knowledge-based youth modelling processes, enabling local authorities to involve young people in decision-making. YCGN will result in a new quality of the network that will promote the exchange of information on local, national and international levels, contribute to building leadership, fostering civic engagement and create opportunities to see and understand youth issues in a wider context. Finally, it activates the mutual learning process and establishes a common understanding of the entire participatory process at the international level through a practical campaign in 4 countries.
Project closed: in 2021
Project area: Youth, civic participation; innovative local government
The role of STG ERB: project leader
Co-financing rate: 85%
Project budget: 563.526,37 EUR
Budget of STG ERB: 129.000,00 EUR
Project consortium: It consists of 9 partners and 6 associate partners from PL, LT, DK, SE