Informacje z Euroregionu Bałtyk
Sztum Circular Economy
CIRCULAR ECONOMY TASK FORCE - start 14.11.2022, Elbląg
One of the most important events of the "Sztum Circular Economy" project will take place in Elblag on November 14 - the establishment of a Task Force for Climate Change Mitigation and the development of green and blue initiatives in northern Poland, the so-called "Circular Economy Task Force." Established at the Association of Polish Municipalities Euroregion Baltic, the group of experts and specialists will be supported by: Gdańsk University of Technology, International Development Norway, the City and Municipality of Sztum and the Elblag Technology Park.
The event, initiated and coordinated by our Association, is an activity aimed not only at activating local governments of the Warmian-Masurian and Pomeranian Voivodeships, bringing together local experts and specialists, but also at creating an open platform for the development of new initiatives and exchange of good practices as a response to contemporary climate challenges.
We encourage you to save the date of 14.11.2022 today and participate in this important meeting for the future of blue and green growth of our regions and local communities to inaugurate this initiative, which is interdisciplinary in nature and is expected to contribute to a comprehensive approach aimed at solving common challenges.
Meeting place: ELBLĄG, Stary Rynek 25 Street, STAROMIEJSKI OLD TOWN HALL
Meeting time: November 14th (Monday) - start 9:30 am - 4:40 pm CET
Participation: Open admission - pre-registration required REGISTRATION LINK
We count on the most active participation in this platform of cooperation of all those interested in the development of interdisciplinary cooperation and the emergence of new initiatives combining the sphere of "soft" activities: education, information, activation with "hard" activities: infrastructure, pilot and demonstration activities.
The conference is:
- inspirational presentations - Elena programs, Energy Consultancy, Renaldo, Energy Clusters;
- panel discussion showing local and regional perspectives, scientific and project approaches;
- workshops in two blocks: Road to a Closed Economy (production, water, waste), Circular Economy vs. Green Energy;
Our efforts are made possible by the opportunities guaranteed by the project "Sztum Circular Economy - a response to today's climate challenges (SCE) implemented under the funds of the EEA Financial Mechanism (Environment, Energy and Climate Change Program and funds of the European Economic Area Financial Mechanism 2014-2021) , which will enable us to develop this initiative and involve Norwegian partners!
SŁÓW KILKA O CIRCULAR ECONOMY TASK FORCE
OBJECTIVES OF THE GROUP: is primarily the development and support of local and regional initiatives aimed at mitigating and counteracting the negative effects of climate change, as well as the exchange of good practices on green and blue initiatives. The Working Group is not only a meeting of experts, but above all work through workshops, panel discussions, support events, which as a consequence are expected to lead to the development and implementation of specific projects beneficial to the society of the regions of northern Poland."
FORM OF OPERATION: Informal networking operating on the basis of dedicated events - physical and online meetings (at least two per year), with an open and cost-free character
TIME FRAMEWORK: JUNE 2022 - MARCH 2024, later a decision on possible extension of the group's activities.
FINANCING: During the period of implementation of the SCE project from the budget of the partner of the Association of Municipalities of the Republic of Poland Euroregion Baltic (funds secured - funding level of 80%), after the end of the project from the Association's own sources and funds raised from new initiatives produced.
We invite you to participate in this event:
- Local specialists and experts in the field of circular economy, green and blue initiatives: renewable energies, water and water retention, waste, representatives of companies, specialists in EU and EEA projects and programs from the two provinces of Warmia and Mazury and Pomerania;
- Representatives of authorities and local governments, wishing to develop and seek partners for the development of new initiatives aimed at mitigating the effects of climate change;
- authorities of the Warmia and Mazury and Pomerania regions
- representatives of the educational sphere and research and scientific institutions
- member municipalities of the Association (STG ERB) - local government representatives and local experts;
The participants themselves will create tasks and further decide the future of the Group! Every vote, every opinion will be important to us!
The event directly supports the implementation of the activities of the Shtum Circular Economy (SCE) project in terms of activities:
- NETWORKING - CREATION OF TASK GROUP AT THE ASSOCIATION OF EUROREGION BALTIC GMINS - SEMINARS FOR NATIONAL SPECIALISTS FROM TWO REGIONS: POMERANIA AND WARMIA-MAZURY - 14.11.2022.
We will invite foreign partners to the next stages of work as early as December 8, 2022, and they will be:
- Euroregion Baltic members from the Baltic Sea countries (Poland, Sweden, Denmark, Lithuania)
- experts from the member regions of the 4 countries forming the Euroregion Baltic network (regional representatives, experts and local specialists);
- Polish-Norwegian partner team of the SCE project - Sztum, Gdansk University of Technology, IDN (NORWAY).
COME! LISTEN! LEARN MORE ABOUT WHAT GOOD WE ARE DOING FOR FUTURE GENERATIONS!
AGENDA - SOON!