Informacje z Euroregionu Bałtyk
3rd Meeting of the Board of the Association of Polish Communes Euroregion Bałtyk in 2022
On June 9, 2022, since the beginning of the year, the third meeting of the Members of the Board of the Association took place in Sztum. Members of the Board thanks to the hospitality and kindness of representatives of the City and Commune of Sztum and Mr. Mayor Leszek Tabor, who added splendor to the meeting and at the same time acted as the Leader of the Sztum Circular Economy Project.
During the meeting, participants had the opportunity to discuss the most important events of the last two months, adopt new resolutions, discuss joint activities of the Secretariat employees for local territorial self-government units, summarize project activities and analyze the activities carried out by the Association in 2021 and at the beginning of 2022, planning further projects.
One of the most important decisions of the current meeting was the establishment of a new form of activation of our members (member communes of STG ERB) and not only (institutions and organizations from Pomerania, Warmia and Mazury). Thanks to the joint efforts of the Board of the Association, employees of the Secretariat and in agreement with the Leader of the Sztum City and Commune project, it was possible to work out a compromise and establish a new form of cooperation in the body of the Association in the form of:
a) ESTABLISHING A DEDICATED NETWORK OF SPECIALISTS - THE NATIONAL TASK WORKING GROUP,
b) INTERNATIONALIZATION OF THE GROUP ACTIVITIES AND INITIATION OF INTERNATIONAL DIALOGUE IN THE FIELD THROUGH THE ORGANIZATION OF INTERNATIONAL DEDICATED EVENTS, which will be financed from the project SZTUM CIRCULAR ECONOMY - in short SCE
FORM OF ACTION: Informal cooperation network based on dedicated events - physical and online meetings (at least two a year), open and cost-free
WORKING NAME: TASK GROUP ON MITIGATING THE EFFECTS OF CLIMATE CHANGE AND THE DEVELOPMENT OF GREEN AND BLUE INITIATIVES
FINANCING: During the implementation of the SCE project from the budget of the partner of the Association of Polish Communes Euroregion Baltic (secured funds - co-financing level 85%) - at the turn of June 2022 - June 2024, after the end of the project, from the Association's own sources and obtained funds from new initiatives.
The task is in line with the needs of the members of the organization and the goals of the Association of Polish Communes Euroregion Bałtyk and the development plans of a dedicated task force (working group) devoted to the creation of an informal network of local specialists in the field of green and low growth, circular economy and counteracting negative changes in the field of Circular Economy.
The implementation of the task will contribute to:
- Greater specialization of the Association and Network Members
- Initiating dialogue in the field at home and abroad
- Development of inter-municipal, interregional and international cooperation;
- Support for the development of local initiatives;
- Development of successful project applications in the field (including EEA Grants as a potential source of funding),
- Local and international promotion of the Association
- Exchange of good practices and experiences
This is in line with the activities of the Association (STG ERB) for the years 2021-2023
The implementation of the measure will directly contribute to the dissemination of the project results and the promotion of the program and Polish-Norwegian cooperation under the resources of the EEA Financial Mechanism as a potential source of financing for new initiatives.
Association of Polish Communes Euroregion Baltic (technical, administrative and financial implementation of the task)
Sztum City and Commune - local government support and patronage
The Gdańsk University of Technology - scientific support
Elbląg Technology Park - substantive support and business involvement
- members of STG ERB - representatives of the Association's member self-governments, local specialists in the field
- members of the Euroregion Baltic network - representatives of the water group, invited specialists in the field;
- invited local experts: representatives of organizational units of cities and communes, organizations and institutions operating in the region and the country
- invited international experts: practitioners and specialists in the field from the countries of the Baltic Sea
- third sector organizations and representatives of formal and informal groups
- business background
More information soon !!!